Aftermarket blind spot monitoring assist system RFQ
Q: What is the use of blind spot monitoring and lane change assist system?
Answer: Preventing vehicles from being rear-ended and side hit by the vehicle in the process of driving, especially in the middle and high speed lane change, solves the problem of medium and high speed collision between vehicles, and this kind of high-speed collision is the main culprit of major traffic accidents. Statistics prove that more than 70% of major traffic accidents are caused by blind lane changes at medium and high speeds. Therefore, this auxiliary system is of great significance for driving safety.
Q: Does the blind spot monitoring and assist system have any other functions besides preventing lane change accidents?
Answer: Yes. There are reverse crossing warning function and open the door warning function, can greatly reduce the collision accident of reverse and open the door.
Q: Vehicles HAVE rearview mirrors, WHY do we need blind spot monitoring and lane ASSIST systems to prevent lane change accidents?
Answer: There are still various risks associated with lane changes due to blind spots in the rear view mirror and other subjective and objective reasons. The reasons are as follows:
(1) Blind area of external rearview mirror. When the car in the next lane is behind my car to my B-pillar, we can’t see it from the outside mirror.
(2) Bad weather. When rain, fog, snow and haze happen, the visibility is low, we can’t see the car behind through the rearview mirror.
(3) Low visibility at night. When driving at night, encountered no street lights, visibility is low.
(4) direct high beam. At night, when the rear high beam is direct, the rearview mirror is dizzy.
(5) Lack of driving experience. Inexperienced drivers often misjudge the distance and speed of the vehicle coming from behind, even if they see the vehicle coming from the rear mirror, due to lack of experience, so as to misjudge the lane change time.
(6) Fatigue driving. Fatigue driving, judgement level drop, misjudge the distance and speed of the vehicle behind, resulting in misjudgment of lane change timing.
(7) Distracted driving. When driving distracted, you fail to observe a car coming behind you in time.
So, although vehicles have inside and outside mirrors, lane change risks are always present. At this time, the blind area monitoring lane change auxiliary system is needed to prevent
Q: How does the blind spot monitoring and assist system predict lane change collision risk in advance?
Answer: Blind spot monitoring is assisted by installing a lane change inside the vehicle rear bumper on both sides of the two microwave radar, uninterrupted to the rear of transmitting radio waves through the launch and recovery time, the calculation on the back to the car close to our time, if the time is greater than the safety of a lane change time range, or if there may be a lane change at this time the risk of collision, Then the system will remind the driver through the warning light on the rear view mirror within three thousandths of a second. If the driver uses the turn signal to change lanes at this time, the warning light will change from steady on to flashing bright, and the buzzer will beeper three times to remind the driver not to change lanes at this time, otherwise there is a risk of car.
Q: Is the detection range of the blind spot monitoring and line assist system safe enough?
Answer: The system can detect a distance of 50 meters, which is safe enough. A rear car into my rear 50 meters within the scope of system for real-time monitoring of this car, including the speed of the vehicle’s distance and the relative position with my car, if the system detects this car can be close to us in 3.5 seconds, then the system to determine the car to me change lanes of the risk of collision system namely into alert to remind the driver. 50 meters detection range, 3.5 seconds collision time, in line with the international standard BS ISO 17837-2008
Q: When traffic is moving and there are many and complex cars coming from behind, the system can identify which car is at risk of hitting us when we change lanes ?
Answer: Yes. Our two microwave radars, one on each side, have an Angle of detection (FOV) of 270 degrees, which can be detected and calculated for the blind area on the side plus the 50 meters behind. We can fully cover the 64 moving targets on the side and behind by using multi-receiver millimeter wave radar, and calculate the vehicles with risk and give early warning, identify and eliminate the vehicles without risk to reduce false positives.
Q: Will the blind zone monitoring and lane change assist system not work due to weather conditions?
Answer: No. One of the characteristics of microwave radar sensor is that it can not be affected by bad weather. It can be used normally in rainy, foggy and snowy days. In fact, it can also reflect the value of this system in bad weather.
Q: What is the difference between the blind spot solved by the blind spot monitoring assist system and the blind spot solved by the 360 Panorama?
Answer: Both products are designed to solve vehicle blind spots, but their application scenarios are different.
The use scenario of blind zone monitoring and line auxiliary system to solve the blind zone is the B-pillar blind zone in the middle and high speed driving process, which can also be said to be the dynamic blind zone. If there is a car in this blind zone and it is not found in time, it is easy to lead to the collision at middle and high speed, and the consequences are unbearable.
The 360 panorama solves the body blind area, and the use scenario is more to assist low speed over complex road surface, and reverse parking problems. It’s more about getting around the rub problem.
In addition, the blind area monitoring and line auxiliary system has informed drivers whether it is safe to change lanes through intelligent algorithms, while 360 requires owners to subjectively judge whether there is a risk of cutting by observing the screen.
Q: There are several products on the market that are said to be auxiliary safety lane change, such as streaming media, 360 panorama, etc. Which is the best solution for lane change crashes (high speed rear-end collisions and high speed side collisions)?
Answer: It has to be a blind spot monitor lane change assist system. Because the system relies on microwave radar for detection and calculation, the advantages of millimeter wave radar and the way of system warning determine that this is the best solution.
(1) Microwave radar has a long detection range. In high-speed lane change, the relative speed is generally large, which requires a long enough detection distance and enough time to judge whether there is a risk. Our product detection range of 50 meters, 3.5 seconds TTC (collision time), in line with international standards.
(2) Microwave radar can calculate the collision time. Millimeter wave radar can instantaneously calculate the relative distance and relative speed of the vehicle coming behind, which can instantaneously calculate the time to pick us up, allowing us to instantaneously determine whether there is a risk of lane change. This circumvents possible errors in human judgment, as well as errors in judgment when vision is poor. And this kind of constant strong computation camera is incomparable.
(3) Millimeter wave radar is responsive. The detection calculation of our system gives an early warning, which can be realized within three thousandths of a second, which meets the requirement of instantaneous judgment of the result required by the risk of high-speed lane change.
(4) Millimeter wave radar has strong penetration. Can easily penetrate rain, fog, snow, haze and other bad weather, can adapt to various working conditions during the day and night. This avoids lane change collisions caused by bad weather.
(5) The system early warning method is scientific and reasonable. The way we use the light warning of the rearview mirror is completely in line with the scientific and safe driving method which is to observe the driver side of the rearview mirror first when changing lanes
Q: The external embodiment of the product is the rear car light warning, is it worth the price?
Answer: Full value.
In the first place. The PRICE of a blind spot monitor lane change system product is related to its value. The product is designed to solve serious car accidents such as high-speed rear-end collisions and side collisions. Just think, if you use the product once to avoid a high-speed rear-end collision, will you still think the price is not appropriate?
Secondly. The final presentation of the product is the light, but whether the light should be on or not is the final result of a series of complex and accurate detection operations. Yes, you just hold the steering wheel, the back of the risk exclusion we all cover, you only need to change the lane when the light is easy to see, don’t you bother to think, uneasy to make a possible wrong judgment.
Q: After the blind spot monitoring product is installed, will it affect the function of the original car?
Answer: No. The system is a standalone system, only ACC is borrowed on the car (it will not affect the battery consumption problem). In addition, it does not interfere with the system of the original car, and does not affect the warranty of the original car, conflict with the original car and other related issues.
Q: Does the blind spot monitoring product installation need to be perforated in the bumper?
Answer: Millimeter wave radar is installed inside the bumper. There is no need to punch holes in the bumper. It is a lossless installation.