Car blind spot monitoring 24G S6
A 24G-S6 blind spot monitoring system consists of two microwave radars. The car driver installs them inside the rear bumper of the vehicle—one towards the right and another one towards the left. The waves emitted from the radar are interfered with by the moving cars. So, it detects and warns the driver about them in adjacent lanes and other blind spots.
The prompt buzzer sound and blinking light keep warning you while your lane change. So, you stay much more cautious and alert about the surrounding vehicles.
Noted: Because of some reason, 24G S6 is suspended, please choose other models, thank you!
Complete Guide Of A 24G-S6 Blind Spot Monitoring System
As a car driver, your driving experience is not enough for safe and secure travel. There are several zones away from your sight—called blind spots. These zones, if left unmonitored, could cause accidents. So, it is better to deal with them accurately.
Our blind spot monitoring system solves the problem. The blind spot system, equipped with microwave radar, detects any move object, alarms the driver, and prevents collisions. If your car doesn’t have one, you can order it from us. Don’t worry about the installation procedure; it’s easy and simple. We have provided a detailed guide below to help you understand the installation and other important things.
What Is A 24G-S6 Blind Spot Monitoring System?
A 24G-S6 blind spot monitoring system consists of two millimeter wave radars. The car driver installs them inside the rear bumper of the vehicle—one towards the right
and another one towards the left. The waves emitted from the radar are interfered with by the moving cars. So, it detects and warns the driver about them in adjacent lanes and other blind spots.
The prompt buzzer sound and blinking light keep warning you while you lane change. So, you stay much more cautious and alert about the surrounding vehicles.
General Characteristics Of 24G-S6 Blind Spot Monitoring System
- 24G-S6 blind spot monitoring system alerts the driver only if it detects moving objects with relative speed. Therefore, it has a minimum false alarm rate. In some blind spot monitors, low-speed cars, stationary guardrails, and trees cause the alarm to go off. 24G-S6 uses adaptive signal processing and target recognition techniques to filter out false alarms. Hence, it only alerts the driver if the moving object’s speed is greater than 18km/h.
- 24G-S6 blind spot monitoring system will only alarm you if there is a moving object with speed greater than 18km/h in the designated alarm area. Our system adopts multi-channel interference technology to accurately measure the target’s angle, speed, and distance. Therefore, it has exceptional accuracy and ignores objects outside the alarm area, such as moving vehicles the third
- A 24G-S6 blind spot monitoring system alarms you about all moving targets in the alarm area. Any approaching vehicle, a car following you at your exact speed, and cars far away, it detects and alerts about all of them.
- Whenever a moving object is in the alarm area, the blind spot monitoring system alerts the driver with indicator light. At that time, if the driver turns the turn signal, the indicator starts flashing, and the alarm horn gives a buzzer sound. So, This makes the driver even more attentive to his surroundings.
- Our 24G-S6 uses dual radar mutual communication. That is why it can calculate its speed more accurately.
Product list of 24G-S6 Blind Spot Monitoring System:
|24GHz millimeter wave radar||2|
|In-vehicle early warning prompt lamp||2|
|Power cord with buzzer||1|
|Power extension line||1(5m)|
|Prompt lamp extension line||2|
|Radar line||1(Short line left, long line right)|
|Spare double-sided stickers||1|
Technical specifications of 24G-S6 Blind Spot Monitoring System:
|02||Working frequency band||24GHz|
|03||Working temperature||< 3W|
|04||Power consumption||– 40℃ ～ + 85℃|
|07||Range accuracy||Better than 0.18m|
What Are The Functions Of A 24G-S6 Blind Spot Monitoring System?
Every blind spot monitoring system has the same basic functions. Such as detection of moving objects and warning the driver. However, it can vary in specific detection and alerting features.
Before taking a look at the features of this product, you should understand two basic terms.
- First-class alarm: the prompt light always stays on in this alarm mode.
- Secondary alarm: Prompt line keeps flashing, and a buzzer sound rings in this alarm mode
Some of the functions of the 24G-S6 blind spot monitoring system are as follows:
Blind spot monitoring system’s detection area under which the alarm works is 4 meters horizontally and 10 meters vertically. Two conditions are observed in these features. Both of these conditions have different results.
- If the vehicle turn-on signal is off and a target with a speed >10km/h enters the detection area, a first-class alarm initiates and keeps alerting the driver until the target leaves the alarm area.
- If the vehicle turn-on signal is on and a target with a speed >10km/h enters the alarm area, the secondary alarm starts and remains on until the target leaves the alarm zone.
LCA vehicles approach the early warning detection area:
The LCA is a 24G-S6 blind spot monitoring system early warning mode. It warns you if there are cars in the adjacent lane before a lane change. Not just that, but this system also enables an early detection area that varies in the distance with vehicle speed. Just in milliseconds, a speeding car in an adjacent lane could become a possible danger for you. So, early detection increases your response time and prevents collisions.
- When the vehicle is stationary, and its speed is 0km/h, its early detection area is 4 meters horizontally and 15 meters longitudinally.
- If the vehicle’s speed is 18-60km/h, its alarm area increases to 4 meters horizontally and 15-20 meters longitudinally. It keeps increasing or decreasing with speed.
- Any vehicle with speed greater than 60km/h will have an early detection area of 4 meters horizontally and 25-30 meters longitudinally. It also increases or decreases with speed.
AOA (active overtaking alert); Overtaking warning:
Our 24G-S6 blind spot monitoring system alerts the driver before an overtake if a moving object is in the side lane. Its detection area is 4 meters horizontally and 10 meters vertically. It is better to start the AOA mode when the speed is >18km/h.
- When the vehicle’s speed is >10km/h, and it actively overtakes the target in the detection area, a first-class alarm triggers. The alarm cancels only if the target leaves the detection area.
- When the vehicle surpasses the targets at a speed of >10km/h with the turn signal of the corresponding side turned on, it starts a secondary alarm. This alarm remains on until the target leaves the detection area.
RCT; Reversing Warning:
Most car collisions are while reversing the vehicle. It isn’t easy to turn the head 180 degrees and monitor while reversing the car. So, backing up makes the car vulnerable to crashes. Using our 24G-S6 blind spot monitoring system is like installing an extra pair of eyes in the back of your head. It actively monitors and alerts if any target is in the alarm area.
- Enable the RCT reversing warning only in the R(reverse) gear. The detection area for this feature is a sector of 5-15 meters. If the system detects any object in the alarm area, it starts a secondary alarm and cancels it once the target leaves.
What Are The Steps Of A 24G-S6 Blind Spot Monitoring System installation?
Before installing the 24G-S6 blind spot monitoring system, you should learn the line connection method. The system package consists of several wires. So, it can become confusing without a guide on the line connection.
- Connection Method Of Power Cord:
- Connect the black wire with the negative pole, or ground it.
- Connect the red wire to the car’s ACC power supply.
- According to the left and right labels, the Prompt lamp’s extension line and the lamp corresponding to each other. Also, make sure the male and female switches are plugged and connected.
Radar Patch Cord Connector
- Plug it into the power extension cord.
- One end of the short one is left, and one end of the long one is right.
- Plug the radar into the right and left radar ports, respectively.
- Connect the yellow wire to the positive pole of the car’s left turn signal.
- Connect the orange line with the positive pole of the right turn signal.
- Connect the white wire with the positive pole of reversing lamp.
The installation procedure of a 24G-S6 blind spot monitoring system is not that complicated. It includes simple steps, and by following these, you can effectively install the whole system in your vehicle easily.
It is best to install the bracket included in the blind spot monitoring system’s package near the middle line of car height. While installing the bracket, make sure that there is enough space to install the radars. Moreover, ensure that they are not blocked by any metal objects. Objects like lampshades and anti-collision beams could cause disturbance in the working of the blind spot monitoring system.
The bracket’s distance from the upper edge must be at least 30mm. It must not sink too deep in the space cavity either. So, it is better to make the depth of the radar surface cavity opening at least 10mm. After covering the rear bumper, it must not be blocked by the reversing radar. It is better to have a 30mm distance between these two.
The angle between the normal direction of the radar mounting surface on the bracket and the longitudinal direction of the vehicle’s body must be 35 degrees. So, use the ruler to ensure the correct angle between both of them.
Fixed Mode Of Radar:
When fixing the radar of the blind spot monitoring system on the bracket, make sure the connecting line of the radar heads is facing outside the bumper, and the back attaches with the bracket. At last, use screws to connect the radars and keep the radar head vertical, as shown in the figure.
- While testing the blind spot monitoring system, the right and left alarm lights are always on and turn off after some seconds of starting the engine. It indicates the product’s system line.
If the left and right warning lights always stay on or off, it means that the connection of the radar head is abnormal.
- After the car starts, pull up the handbrake, shift into reverse gear, release the foot brake and turn off all the lights. Now, to check whether the blind spot monitoring system works properly, shake with metal objects on the car’s rear side. The alarm Indicator lights on, the corresponding side starts flashing, and the buzzer sounds. It indicates that the connection is correct. Sometimes, pedestrians and animals can also trigger the alarm if they move at a higher speed.
What Are The 24G-S6 Blind Spot Monitoring System Malfunctions?
Failure In Detection:
There are some conditions under which the blind spot monitoring system might not alarm the driver. All of these are as follows:
- If the target is present at the rear blink spot of the adjacent lane and keeps the relative speed for a long time, the system might not detect it.
- If the adjacent lanes are too wide that it exceeds the computation range of the radar signals, the system could fail to detect the targets.
- When driving through hills or top of the hill roads blind spot monitoring system might experience some difficulty.
- If the lanes are too narrow, the blind spot monitoring system can detect the target cars of two lanes. So, it could lead to false alarms.
- The pre-warning system can detect the stationary objects on the roadside (guardrails etc.) and start its signal lamp. So it gives a false alert to the driver.
Our product uses advanced signaling technologies to prevent any hazardous collision. So it makes the driving experience much better and safe. There is no doubt that a 24G-S6 blind spot monitoring system enhances the driving capability of a car driver. But, it does not mean that one should rely entirely on the blind spot system only. This blind spot system only assists you in driving rather than acting as your additional driver.
However, if you want to purchase a blind spot detection system, it is better to look for an efficient firm that sells reliable products. We test all our products with rigorous screening and tricky testing strategies. So, the errors in our blind spot monitors are minimized to a greater extent. It helps us to stand out in blind spot monitoring system aftermarket and makes us the priority of numerous clients.
Give us a call right now and get the blind spot system specifically designed for your vehicle!