Truck blind spot detection 24G 11RS
24G Truck blind spot detection system is a 24Ghz microwave radar system. It warns the truck driver early and stops any possible collisions. It detects and alerts about objects with relative displacement in a specific area. Its microwave signals are functional only to a 10m long and 3m wide radius. Therefore, real-time detection and identification are possible only in the specified area.
Note: This page is mainly the introduction of the truck blind spot sensor, without the display, this blind spot sensor has two models, one is 24 11R, directly connected to the vehicles’s electricity, and the other is 24 11RS, connected to the head of the display, triggering the screen, the most significant difference between the two models of the product list is the power supply line is not the same.
Everything About A 24G 11RS Truck Blind Spot Detection System:
Being a truck driver, it is challenging to drive across the highway with heavy traffic. In that case, a driver is continuously in caution mode. Sometimes the close calls save the day, but an unintentional collision can catch up at any moment. To prevent all those accidents, we came up with a solution; A 24G Truck Blind Spot Detection System. Our blind spot monitoring systems have broad use and can be mounted on various types of trucks.
The 24GHz blind spot system monitors areas you cannot see. It assists you in driving with an accurate alerting approach. However, it requires a deep understanding to use these gadgets fully. So, let’s take a look at what our blind spot monitor is and how it makes the life of a truck driver easy!
What Is A 24G Truck Blind Spot Detection System?
24G blind spot detection system is a 24Ghz microwave radar system. It warns the truck driver early and stops any possible collisions. It detects and alerts objects with relative displacement in a specific area. Its microwave signals are functional only to a 10m long and 3m wide radius. Therefore, real-time detection and identification are possible only in the specified area.
A blind spot detection system has a microwave radar. The radar detects any adjacent vehicle and warns the driver with in-car warning lights. So, a blind spot detection system assists the driver and prevents accidents.
It is physically limited for a vehicle driver to summarize its surroundings completely. So, this limitation compromises the driving capability of a truck driver. Our blind spot detection system enables direct monitoring of no zones and active lane-changing assistance. Therefore, it enhances the driving skills of a truck driver.
Accessories Included In A 24G Blind Spot Detection System Product Package:
Our blind spot product comes with all the handy pieces. It will make the installation a piece of cake for you. Here is the list of all the product accessories.
|24G 2411-RS Blind spot detection system||Quantity|
|24Ghz microwave radar||1pc|
|In-car warning light||1pc|
|Bracket and accessory kit||1 set|
How Does A 24G Blind Spot Detection System Works?
The working principle of a blind spot monitoring system is simple. It involves the function of microwave radar. The radar present in the system emits microwave signals. If any object comes within range of radar, it will retrieve the signal and identifies the object, which will cause the indicator light to blink or beep as a warning.
The microwave radar present in the blind spot system can be installed on either side of the truck. It issues a warning with in-car warning light after detecting a vehicle.
Our blind spot detection system for trucks has a specific radar distance. The driver installs a blind spot radar sensor to the side. So, it detects objects only within a radius of 10m in length from the side. If you widen the range, the warning will annoy the driver because a far vehicle would also trigger the alarm. So, a 10m radius is enough for a safer experience on the road.
On top of that, our radar’s microwaves are highly penetrating. They penetrate fog, smoke, and dust. Therefore, our blind spot system is always functional, no matter how bad the weather is.
Technical Specifications Of A 24G Blind Spot Detection System:
Every blind spot detection system has distinct technical specifications. The accurate detection distance, operating voltage, and frequency band can vary from system to system.
|01||Operating voltage||12 V|
|02||Operating frequency band||24 GHz|
|03||Operating temperature||– 40℃ ～ + 85℃|
|04||Power consumption||< 2 W|
|05||Waterproof rating||Ip 67|
|06||Distance resolution||0 . 5 m|
|07||Distance measuring||accuracy better than 0.18 m|
|08||Max. detection distance||10m|
Functions Of A 24G Truck Blind Spot Detection System:
The Blind Spot detection system can assist the truck driver in various ways; some of them are below:
Lane Assist Warning System
One of the no-zones (blind area) for a truck driver is the mid-portions of its sides. The presence of any object in the no-zone during lane changing could result in an accident. So, it is compulsory, especially for truck drivers, to have a blind spot detection system installed in the vehicle.
A blind spot detection system provides real-time identification of vehicles going at a faster relative speed. So, it saves from the majority of lane-changing accidents.
Early Warning Mode
Our products have two warning modes.
- Independent warning; If there is an object approaching in the blind area, the warning light will always be on, constantly warning the driver.
- The second is radar camera double warning and the camera trigger line docking. In this mode the warning light turns on when the object comes close to the side. Moreover, the camera perspective switches to the corresponding side. Thus, it ensures complete safety of the driver.
Real-Time Blind Spot Detection (BSD)
Our blind spot monitor offers real-time detection of any object inside its microwave radar. It helps drivers in parking the truck, changing lanes, and overtaking.
The area where the radar of the blind spot detection system stays functional is on the side. It is 3-meters wide and 10-meters long.
Is the 24G Truck Blind Spot Detection System Worth It?
Blind spot monitoring systems guarantee the safe travel of vehicles by preventing fatal collisions. So, it is better to spend some pennies to ensure your safety than to rely on luck and experience.
However, it is more crucial for a truck to have a blind spot system due to its longer length. Its length increases the number of no-zones. Places like directly behind the truck, behind the side mirrors, and the front of the truck are its blind spots. The Increased number of blind spots increases the need and worth of the blind spot detection system.
Advantages Of A 24G Truck Blind Spot Detection System:
Our blind spot system benefits the driver and ensures a smooth traffic flow on the road. Some of its advantages are
While driving a vehicle, every person’s priority is their own safety. So, every driver takes safety measures for that. Blind spots could cause a problem in overtaking or changing lanes. Our blind spot detection system warning indicators alert the driver and save them from possible damage.
You can never rely on your expertise in driving on the road. For safe travel, every driver needs a helping hand. A blind spot monitor assists the driver in reducing the load on the driver’s shoulders.
All the system warnings are now in front of him, on the screen. So, there is no need to turn his head, again and again, to look for any vehicle around him. And with the use of a blind spot detection system, he can drive the truck relentlessly.
A Helping Hand In Bad Weather:
Sometimes in harsh weather, the visibility drops to zero. So, it is physically impossible for a driver to examine his surroundings. In that case, a blind spot detection system comes in handy. It gives an accurate 10-meter warning for any vehicle in the way, which prevents collisions.
Our blind spot detection system can work in fog, smoke, and dusty environment. So, it is an all-weather and all-day product for the clientele.
What Are The Steps Of 24G Blind Spot Detection System Installation?
Installing your blind spot monitor is easier than you think. Our company has a built-in guide for installing and wire connecting the product in the package. So, we made it easy for our customers to install the blind spot monitoring systems.
The steps and instructions to install the blind spot system are as follows:
- Radar Installation Step; Make sure the height of the blind spot detection system radar is 0.5m-1.4m from the ground. If the height is more than 1.4m, tilt the blind spot radar downward.
- The radar installation angle is adjusted with a 20 degrees ruler arrow given in the package. Bevel the arrow with radar to fit the 20 degrees angle and adjust the ruler body parallel to the truck body.
- Make sure the radar signal is toward the backside of the truck. There should be no metal piece blocking the radar, emitting microwaves.
- The radar outlet must be facing downwards to detect objects and vehicles better.
- You can mount the radar on the side of the body. It can be mounted on the left or right side of the truck, as shown in the picture.
- The single red wire outputs to the video host camera. So, it will switch to the corresponding side’s camera screen whenever warning light blinks.
- You can stick the in-car warning light on either side of the screen. It is better to attach the left radar light to the left side and the right radar to the right side of the screen. Blinking of any warning light alerts the driver about the respective side.
Line Connection Of A 24G Blind Spot Detection System:
The line connection of our blind spot detection system is really easy. It is not a complicated, tangled combination of wires. Just by attaching two to three wires, your blind spot monitor can become fully functional.
- First of all, remove the original connector of the camera.
- Now plug the 1 into 2 dedicated wires for Blind spot detection.
- One dedicated wire will take back the original camera you removed earlier. At the same time, the other one attached the 24GHz millimeter-wave radar.
- Now connect one end from the radar wires to the in-car warning lights and stick it to either side of the screen.
- The remaining single red wire connects to the trigger wirelines of the cameras. So, It switches the screen to the corresponding camera side of the warning radar whenever it detects an object.
What Are The Precautions To Avoid Blind Spot Detection system Malfunctions?
In order for you to use the blind spot detection system to its complete potential, you need to follow several precautions. There are multiple dos and don’ts of a blind spot monitor. These systems can have errors in their working if the usage is not proper. So, it helps to know them.
Failure in detection:
Sometimes the blind spot detection system fails to alert the driver about objects in the truck’s blind spots. It can be due to several reasons
- When the vehicle is located in a blind zone behind the side of the adjacent lane on the right: (We know blind spot detection system alerts only about the cars with a faster relative speed. So, if the vehicle remains at the same speed for a long time the system could fail to detect the car).
- If the adjacent lane is extensive, it exceeds the limit of microwave radar. So, the blind spot monitor fails to identify the vehicle.
- A blind spot monitoring system also has difficulty detecting while crossing a hill or top of a mountain pass.
Effect Of Water And Rain:
In heavy rainfall, the rain droplets cover the radar housing. This affects the microwave signal transmission of the blind spot detection system. So, it becomes extremely difficult to detect any vehicle or object. That is why heavy rainfall directly impacts detection sensitivity.
- When the truck is stationary in heavy rainfall, it is possible for a blind spot detection system to identify raindrops as fast-moving objects. So, it issues a false warning on the screen and causes disturbance and distraction.
- For the car, microwave radar can detect rear-fixed objects. It is because the relative speed of the vehicle with radar is close to the rear-fixed objects.
A blind spot detection system acts as a driver assistant. It is necessary for trucks due to the longer length of the vehicle. So, in order to cover its blind spots, the radar system must be applied to both sides of the truck. A blind spot monitor ensures the safety of all the vehicles on a highway with accurate alerts.
However, you should never entirely rely on the blind spot system. It is better to inspect the surroundings one time yourself before making a lane change. It will minimize the risks even more.
If you want to buy a blind spot detection system, it must be from a reliable and efficient company; It’s essential because false detection or no-detection can lead to collisions. However, we fully ensure our system’s reliability through multiple testing techniques. Give us a call right now and choose the blind spot monitoring system as per your choice.